I know...I know...you are most likely surprised...no, you are SHOCKED to be reading this! SO, as soon as you gain consciousness and pick yourself off of the floor, you can begin reading. :0)
I am THE WORLD'S worst (wanna-be) blogger, and for that, I apologize. I have been having some inspiration from a friend, though, who has been so with-it and on top of things by writing about our memorable vacation with them, and I thought, "Well, if she can do it being 7+ months pregnant and chasing a very busy little boy around, then I can do it, too (and before I forget about any of it and blog about it a year from now)!" (Peer pressure! What can I say? Grandma and Gramma, you can thank Jess!)
Here it goes...
First of all, I have TONS of pictures to post and TONS of stuff to write about. So many memories! So much fun! Our family took our first ever real vacation as a family of five. This year, we vacationed with some dear friends of ours who we wished lived so much closer to us so that we could see so much more often - the McClenahan family. What a blessing and encouragement this family is to us, and we forever cherish their friendships!
We stayed for a week (the first week in August) in Hancock, Maine, which is about 20-25 miles from the Acadia National Park. We stayed in a peaceful little cottage right along the Sullivan Harbor of Frenchman's Bay. We enjoyed sunrises, kayaking, treasure hunting, picnicking, fishing???, sight-seeing, napping, exploring the shoreline, live entertainment (by Ivy and Mr. Joel), letterboxing, and just plain being together as family and friends. We saw all of the breath-taking beauty and majesty God created in this Acadia National Park region, including sights like Sand Beach, Thunder Hole, Cadillac Mountain, and Thuya Garden. I especially enjoyed seeing Nathan let his guard down for a change, relax, get some much needed rest, and laugh! And, I loved hearing and seeing the excitement from the kids in all that we did. I loved how we felt like we had not a care or worry in the world for a whole week!
And, then, it was back to reality...
But, for now, we'll just think back on the fun and rest we had.
6 hours ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment