Nathan and I even managed to get out for a date on our vacation...yes, just the two of us! We took the tandem kayak out into the harbor for an hour in the afternoon. Letty was napping, and Ivy and Owen were resting their bones while watching a video during their down time so we knew our friends wouldn't have too hard of a time keeping an eye on our crew. Nathan and I had a great time. It was so nice to get out together and actually complete a conversation without any interruption.
Of course, we had to have a little fun while the babysitter was asleep. (It's just too bad I didn't bring any nail polish along with us on our vacation!
We even plotted that Nathan could take the kids down to the shore to explore, leave the screen door open, and then I would frantically come in to wake Joel up and ask him where our kids were, BUT we decided to not be that cruel...this was as good as it got...

In all seriousness though, we are so thankful that our friends gave us this time together. We feel bad that we were never able to reciprocate though.
1 comments:
That is a really responsible looking baby sitter. At least he is good looking though.
Post a Comment