Sunday, January 30, 2011

snow & ice...

sculptures!

Today, we drove up to Jackson's Black Mountain to look at the snow sculptures. There were a robot, a jack-in-the-box, many abstract sculptures (at least I think they were suppose to be abstract) :), an igloo, a polar bear, a shark eating a fish, a couple of eagles, a ballerina, and a few more that I just can't remember now.

Ivy's favorite was the ballerina...

Owen's favorite was the shark eating a fish...


This was a fun one too...

Then, we drove down to the Wentworth Hotel (also in Jackson) to look at the ice sculptures that were made a few weeks before. Some had already started to melt, but they were still neat to see. There were a princess's castle, a ship's steering wheel (I'm sure it's called something else, but I can't think of it right now), the Statue of Liberty, fish, a sea turtle, a sculpture that I think was suppose to be an angel or a butterfly (I think the wings melted off), a swan, and others. We've marked our calendar for next year to actually be there when they carve the sculptures.


We love visiting Jackson!

0 comments: