Wednesday, January 12, 2011

snow day - gingerbread people

Today we got a Nor'easter, which means we got SNOW!!!! Altogether, we got almost a foot of snow! Needless to say, the kids and I stayed at the house!



We thought that we would use the recipe from this book....
...and make gingerbread men, BUT we didn't have a couple of the ingredients to make them.

SO, instead, we made...
a mess, I mean, SUGAR COOKIES!!!!!

(or, as Daddy would call some of them, "double sugar sugar cookies!")



Letty was our supervisor again!


Since I wasn't allowing Owen to lick any of the batter yet, he decided to lick his foot instead! :-)
Where did this kid come from????










Once Daddy got home from work, he took Ivy and Owen out for a ride on the sleds,


while I HAD to stay in with Letty. :0)

Then, later, we made the icing for the cookies and decorated them!




YUMMMMMMMMY!!!!


HAPPY SNOW DAY!

0 comments: