Wednesday, January 19, 2011

cotton balls & a blanket

Do you ever feel like you do the same things over and over and over again day in and day out?

Well, I have! Perhaps it's what they call "cabin fever" or "stir crazy," but I have felt like we have been doing just the same old things lately. I was desperate today to keep the day interesting, so I pulled out a book full of kids activities that I picked up at a yard sale this past summer. The idea we found to do was quite interesting, and I honestly thought we would be going back to the book in no time to choose another activity. Today's activity turned into doing anything and everything you can think of with this...


a ball of cotton!


The idea we got in our trusty little book was to take cotton balls and stick them between our toes and walk around. So, we did just that, which made for a great laugh!
In hindsight, I should have gotten out the nail polish to paint our toe nails, but I'm sure Owen would have wanted his toes painted too. (I'm pretty sure Daddy would not have appreciated that too much, so, now that I think about it, I guess it was best that I didn't get the nail polish out!) :0)


Someone thought it was quite ticklish putting the cotton between his toes and then thought it was SO FUNNY walking around, but he just wouldn't keep them in there for too long.

After the cotton-between-the-toes activity fizzled out, what were we to do????


We lined up boxes and made a little competition of throwing them into them...



Then, as it was snowing outside, we made it snow inside!!!!



Another game we played with our nifty little cotton balls was hide and seek. One would hide the cotton, while the other had to find them.


Of course, Owen had to turn our cotton games into his kind of a game...


CHASE!!!

Ivy then loaded the cotton balls into a box and pretended they were some sort of mixture that we would have for lunch.

And, then, Owen was up to his usual playing self where, I believe, he pretended that the cotton were some kind of an animal (perhaps sheep) or a person of some sort and would sit up at the table and do his own playing and talking with the few balls of cotton he had in each hand.


Once Daddy got home from work and supper was over, we continued our cotton ball fun with a...

SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!!

Then, Daddy had an idea to swing the kids back and forth in a blanket...



...which they LOVED!

WHO KNEW that balls of cotton and a blanket would be THIS MUCH FUN!!!!!!


"Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to." ~Author Unknown

0 comments: