I have found great joy in listening to the way Ivy talks, imagines, thinks, and explains things. (And, if I've found this much joy in hearing her little thoughts, I can only imagine what I'll be like when Owen and Letty join her in talking! I can't wait!) Here are some of Ivy's "pegs" to hang your hat on:
* "Mom, I can't fit any more food in my belly until some of it goes into my skills."
* "I think the money for God goes through a tunnel right up to Him in Heaven to use."
* "How does Webby (a local cattle farmer) get the meat out of the cow's stomach for us to eat?"
* Completely out of nowhere at the lunch table:
Ivy: "Mom, if the statue told me to bow down to it, I wouldn't 'cause I'll only bow down to God."
Mom: "That's good to hear, but what if someone would tell you that you would get hurt very badly if you didn't bow down to a statue. What would you do?"
Ivy: "I wouldn't bow down to it cause I only bow down to God."
* The reason she had to come over to Daddy and Mommy's bed to sleep in the middle of the night: "My pillow wouldn't let me sleep. The princesses were having a tea party and were spilling tea all over me and were talking way too loud!"
(Please understand that Ivy has a princess pillow case to cover her pillow.)
20 hours ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment