Sunday, December 12, 2010

advent day #10 - library, movie, S'mores, and impromptu sleepover

I have found that our local library is a great source for not only getting to read new books (without having to buy them :) ) but also getting to view new movies (for FREE!!!). So, today's activity was to visit our library to find and borrow a Christmas movie to watch before bed tonight while eating S'mores for a snack! So...the kids and I loaded in the van and went to the library in search of our Christmas movie (and some Christmas books), while Daddy was working. While at the library, we found our share of Christmas books to take home to read. But surprisingly, all of the library's Christmas movies were already checked out. :( We did, however, happen to find and borrow the movie Toy Story 3!!!! Yeah! (Sorry, I don't have any pictures of us at the library. I did happen to remember to take the camera with me but totally forgot to get it out of my jacket to take some pictures! Oops!)

We made it home from the library, and Daddy made it home from work. Later in the evening, we got the kids bathed and ready for bed so that we could watch our "new" movie, Toy Story 3! It turned out that Toy Story 3 ended up being a HUGE hit in our house, especially with Owen. I don't think Owen's eyes ever looked away from the TV screen! (Owen could definitely watch TV and stare at a video screen all day long - IF we would EVER let him.) The movie was pretty entertaining, and for a moment, I could feel tears welling up in me! (I had to work hard to hold them back, but I did because it's a cartoon kids movie about toys - I can't cry over a movie like that! :-) )

This was about all that Letty got to watch of the movie. Perhaps next year, Letty will have a lot more fun with our Advent activities! :-)

The S'mores weren't as big of a hit as the movie. Ivy only ate the chocolate and marshmallow part, and Owen didn't touch his at all (perhaps he was so enthralled with the TV he forgot he had a snack).
Okay, maybe Owen TOUCHED his S'more, but he didn't EAT any of it! :-)

After the movie ended, we decided to have a little impromptu sleepover in the living room. I had to bail on Daddy, Ivy and Owen in the middle of the night as I really wasn't feeling the best - yes, that cold that the rest of the family had finally caught up to me. :( Sorry, guys! All in all, we had a great family moment!

We didn't read our Bible passage for the day...oops...but we'll read it tomorrow! We were to read from the book of Psalms. We did manage to work on our memory verse though.

You have said, "I have made a covenant with my chosen one; I have sworn to David my servant: 'I will establish your offspring forever, and build your throne for all generations.'"

~Psalm 89:3-4

0 comments: