Thursday, February 3, 2011

baby food

To save a little money in our family's budget as buying baby food can be quite expensive, I have found that it is cheaper and not that hard to make our own baby food.

I use a food processor to puree the food. (I have always cooked the vegetables - sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, green beans, peas, etc. - before pureeing them, while I have found that you can just puree fruits - bananas, peaches, etc. - without needing to cook them first.)


I then scoop the pureed mixture into ice cube trays and place them in the freezer. Once frozen, I take the cubes of food out of the trays and store them in a freezer bag to get what I need out for that day's meals.


Bananas or carrots, anyone???
Today is my sister Natalie's birthday! Happy Birthday, Aunt Natalie!!!

0 comments: