Sunday, March 28, 2010

30!

Today, someone turned the big 3-0!



NATHAN!!!!



To celebrate, I planned a small SURPRISE party for him. BUT...first, we had to make it look good so he wouldn't suspect anything and gave him his presents as though we were officially celebrating his birthday at lunchtime.



Our friends needed help picking up a wood stove and moving it into their house. It just so happened that they needed help today so while Nathan went to help, I threw the party stuff together. I thought Nathan didn't have a clue what was going to happen, BUT being the awesome detective (and storyteller) that he is, he figured it out and then put on a facade as though he didn't know! (Ugh! It's so hard to surprise this man whom God has given him a great talent in figuring stuff out and finding the truth!)

Okay, back to the party stuff...food was prepared, decorations were hung, everything was ready, guests were arriving...then, a phone call! It was Nathan! There was a problem...Nathan and Justin (the friend Nate was helping) were pulled over by the police and Justin had been arrested for operating his vehicle after his license was suspended due to a ticket he didn't know he got from a traffic stop returning home from their recent trip to Florida or Maryland (I can't remember which state). They were going to be late. As to not let him know about his party, I tried not to panic about this news over the phone and just said calmly that it was okay and to get home when he could all the while I was screaming inside and my pregnancy hormones were raging wondering what to do with this news as I didn't want to announce that a friend of ours was arrested and in turn embarass his wife who was there. I then just turned on entertainment mode until they would arrive.

Then, ten minutes later, another phone call! It was Nathan, again! Nathan was able to talk to the police officer to get him to just give Justin a must-appear-in-court ticket rather than officially arresting, booking, and bailing him out so they would be on their way shortly. Perfect! I didn't need to stress out about the long-gone guest of honor at his party any more.

Nathan and Justin the convict finally arrived, and the party was on! SURPRISE!!!! It turns out the whole story about Justin being pulled over and arrested and the police officer just giving him a ticket was all a LIE!!!! Why? Because Nathan knew about the party and wanted to get me all stressed out and wanted to see how I would react to the added stress of the birthday boy not being at the party! What a bum!

Some gifts Nathan got for him turning the ripe old age of 30 were...


...a pink poof to use with his flowery scented pink body wash in the shower...


...the all-important little blue pills...
...a pair of black knee high socks to wear with his flip-flops as he goes out to get the morning newspaper...
...a can of Barbasol for shaving his back as it becomes hairier than his head! :0)

And, of course, what birthday isn't complete without cake!






All in all, I think everyone had a great time chatting, eating, playing, and celebrating Nathan's birthday with us, especiall Nathan!



Happy Birthday to my best friend, to my husband, and to the best Daddy anyone could have!

0 comments: