Thursday, November 25, 2010

zipf thanksgiving

For the past few years, we have purposely planned to spend Thanksgiving with Nathan's family as, over those years, Nathan's Uncle Glenn and Aunt Linda graciously host the entire Brocious family, including all of Nathan's aunts, uncles, and cousins. We look at it as a family reunion and are thankful that we can see and visit with his whole family at the same time and place, something that we wouldn't have done or got to do otherwise. This year, we had a smaller crowd than usual making it a relaxed and enjoyable day.

Among other duties, Gramma was in charge of stuffing a turkey. AND, as is tradition for the past 3 years, Ivy ALWAYS helps her Gramma pull apart bread for the stuffing. They always seem to have a great time doing it too.


Well, Thanksgiving Day has finally arrived...



Letty joined the ranks of the sleepyheads on the couch...

The Thanksgiving season seems to be forming itself into containing a lot of tradition, which I have grown to LOVE. What better way to remember special times and events and then pass on a spin-off of some of those special times and events than through the consistency of traditions! Another tradition that we usually have on Thanksgiving Day is for all of the ladies and any kids that want to join them to gather around and make a craft. (The men could join us, but they seem to think watching football and falling asleep on the couch is more fun.) This year, for some strange and crazy reason (I'm blaming it on being pregnant last year), I volunteered to come up with and "teach" the craft to all of the ladies. I was rather ambitious with this venture and thought that we would have the time and energy to do two crafts, but we ended up only making one. We made the Christmas tree ornaments pictured on the top of this picture...


Great job, ladies and kids! Thank you for your patience with your "teacher" - I am NOT a crafty person AT ALL! :-)
I'm sure there are a ton of thoughts flowing through your mind as to why Gramma is on her hands and knees under the table...Is she hiding? Is she pretending to be a dog? Is she looking for an earring?
NOPE! Just being a vacuum cleaner! :-)
Nathan was caught here taking his 6th or 7th piece of pie. (And he's suppose to be on a diet.)
I guess this is what one looks like after eating almost a whole pie!
The kiddos also made their own fun...


And then, it was time to eat AGAIN!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
********************************************************
On the day after Thanksgiving, as is also tradition, we went back to Uncle Glenn and Aunt Linda's house to eat the leftovers. Nathan's brother and his family finally joined us then, and Ivy had fun with her cousins there...

Letty is now pulling herself up to a standing position. I finally caught her on tape doing it...

HAPPY DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING!!!

0 comments: