Friday, October 30, 2009

the things our kids do and say

I can't help but blog about some of the things our kids did today.

1. As I was preparing supper and talking on the phone, Owen brought out a box of crackers and indicated that he wanted one. I gave him one to keep him content until I was off the phone. [Now, a lesson learned in our house is that if you have something to eat in your hand, you must either eat it right away or protect it or hold it wout of reach of our chocolate lab Paisan (pronounced "pie-zon"), or he will get it! Ivy has certainly learned this lesson, but Owen hasn't yet (and I thought he was going to learn it tonight).] As Owen was holding his cracker pretty much in plain unprotected view, Paisan was about to get the cracker when Owen caught on to Paisan's trick and quickly moved his hand so that he wouldn't get it. Good job, buddy! Owen then proceeded to taunt Paisan with the cracker by running back and forth in front of Paisan and running around him! (Do they learn quick or what?) It was so cute as Owen was giggling and smiling ear to ear the whole time he was doing it! That's our boy!

2. While eating supper at the table tonight, Ivy turned to me and remarked, "Mom, let's go shopping tonight!" Daddy then asked, "What do you need?" Ivy replied, "I need to get a belt!" Remember, Ivy is only 3! Are we going to be in trouble later on in life or what???

3. Ivy loves to make up her own song lyrics and go around the house singing her song. Tonight, her song went like this, which she kept singing over and over again:

Jesus is in your heart...in your heart...in your heart.
Jesus loves you and wants to be in your heart...in your heart...in your heart.
He will love to be in this heart...in this heart...in this heart.


4. Owen's new "trick" now is to lay down on the floor and roll all around the floor. He giggles and laughs the whole time he does it. (I just wish he wouldn't look like a dog, all covered with dog hair, when he gets up off of the floor.) :-) AND, he now loves to be held upside down and tickled under his chin...boy, does he ever laugh! :-)


Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it." ~Luke 18:16-17

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. ~Psalm 127:3

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. ~III John 4

0 comments: